The DELF Junior is designed for teenagers, whether foreign or French, who wish to develop their French language skills for personal or academic purposes. The DELF Junior is recognized worldwide and valid for life.
- To evaluate the 4 skills of the CEFR for children and adolescents in secondary education.
- A1 to B2
- From 110,00€
- Diploma valid for life
Collective examinations: 1 hour 20 minutes
Oral production: preparation (10 min.) and oral (5 to 7 minutes)
Collective examinations: 1 hour 45 minutes
Oral production: preparation (10 min.) and oral (15 min.)
Collective examinations: 1 hour 40 minutes
Oral production: preparation (10 min.) and oral (6 to 8 min.)
Collective examinations: 2 hours 30 minutes
Oral production: preparation (10 min.) and oral (20 min.)
Course of the exam
The written tests are done on paper, only black pens (ballpoint or ink) are allowed to compose (no pencils). During the test, it is forbidden for candidates to communicate with each other or with the outside world and to exchange material (pens, rulers, etc.). Any attempt at fraud will be penalised.
The DELF Junior is an official diploma issued by the French Ministry of Education. It is recognised throughout the world and is valid for life.
The DELF Junior diploma has the same value as a DELF Tout Public diploma. The exam version is not indicated on the diploma.
The candidate must present an official identity document valid and his convocation on the day of the examination (photocopies will not be accepted).
The individual oral test will take place in the same week as the collective (written) test. The dates on the AFBE website and on the registration form correspond to the written test.
You will receive an invitation for your child at the latest two weeks before the date of the collective tests.
Your child can take more than one diploma in the same session.
Results and diploma
Your results will be sent to you by e-mail at the latest 10 weeks after the end of the session. A certificate of achievement may be issued to you by email.
Your diploma will be available 3 months after your exam at the reception of the Alliance Française de Bruxelles-Europe. It can be sent to you on request (postal charges at your expense).
Candidates with special needs
The Alliance Française de Bruxelles-Europe provides any candidate who reports a disability affecting a physical, sensory, mental, cognitive or psychic function, with the material facilities or staff assistance to enable him/her to take part in the tests. This will allow him/her to participate in the session under working conditions that re-establish equality between candidates. He/She can be exempted from one of the skills if an adaptation is not possible.
For this purpose:
- The candidate must indicate his or her disability at the time of registration and as soon as possible so that the examination center can put in place the appropriate arrangements.
- They must provide an official document from a medical authority indicating the diagnosis and specifying the recommended accommodations for a foreign language exam.
- This certificate should not be more than 2 years old from the date of the tests.
Please send your request and the associated documents to email@example.com
Allow yout child to put all the chances on his side and to be ready for the day of the exam by following our preparation modules:
- Methodology: he/she will learn about the exam format and receive advice to help him/her pass the test.
- Oral production: he/she will practise the oral production test under the same conditions as the exam.
- Written production: he/she will practice writing on the basis of official subjects and will have a personalized correction with a teacher.
- Listening comprehension: he/she will practise and discover the tricks to pass this test.
- Reading comprehension: he/she will learn to read a text quickly and answer questions.
All registrations are personal and non-transferable. Postage costs for sending diplomas or certificates are not included in the examination fee.
- DELF Junior A1 : 110 €
- DELF Junior A2 : 120 €
- DELF Junior B1 : 140 €
- DELF Junior B2 : 180 €