A Library like no other in brussels
In our library, you’ll find a resource centre to support your learning.
It offers a wide range of innovative activities designed to supplement your studies. Explore the world of Magritte, discover an author or step into Tintin’s shoes. So you can have fun and increase your knowledge of Francophone culture as you learn the language!
What to do at the library?
- je bouquine > Read novels, comics, books about art, food, culture...
- je regarde > Watch films in French with French or English subtitles.
- je découvre > Discover Brussels, Belgium and the Francophone cultures.
- je m'informe > Follow the news and read the Francophone, Belgian & international press.
- je navigue > Surf the web with computers, tablets or the free wifi connection.
- j'apprends > Learn French with exercise books, dictionaries, grammar books, etc.
- la sélection > The selection is a choice of key resources selected by our teaching and documentary team for each learning level of French.
Les parcours pédagogiques
Activities called "Les parcours pédagogiques" are organised at the librabry in the framework of your course to give you tips to make the most of your French learning. During a course, explore Magritte's world, meet an author or investigate on Belgian customs.
Every month, our media librarian Nicolas shares his favourite thing to be found at the library! Read his previous columns:
Looking for a resource? Consult our online catalogue!
Conditions for access
Access to the library is free and exclusively reserved for students, teachers and Teacher Training pupils of the Alliance Française Bruxelles-Europe.
Conditions for loan of documents
To borrow documents, you simply need to register with our library and provide a deposit of €30 (in cash), valid for the entire duration of your course. This deposit will be returned to you when you leave the Alliance française Bruxelles-Europe. Caution: latest press issues and learning/teaching documents are not available for loan.
Duration of loan
Multimedia documents: 1 week maximum
Books and audio books: 3 weeks maximum
For more information, please see rules of the library / Resource Centre.
Our librarian is at your disposal to help you in your research and answer your requests for information. Do not hesitate to ask for advice!
Phone: +32 (0)2.788.21.46